My wife suggested me moving out of India: Aamir Khan on Intolerance

Bollywood superstar Aamir Khar on Monday joined the ranging debate over rising intolerance in the country, saying a sense of insecurity has arise since past six to eight months.

Indicating towards the rise of saffron forces in the society lately, Aamri said his wife Kinar has been questioning weather the should leave India.

Speaking at the award function organized at Delhi, Aamir said," I feel there is a sense of insecurity, in last six to eight months there has been growing a sense of despondency. When I go home and talk to my wife Kiran, for the first time she says, 'Should we move out of India?' She fears for her child and what the atmosphere around us will be."

He also virtually supported those returning their awards, saying one of the ways for the creative people to express their dissatisfaction and disappointment is to return their awards.

"As an individual, as a part of the country, as a citizens, we read the newspaper what is happening, we see it on the news and certainly I have been alarmed. I can't deny I have been alarmed by a number of incidents," he said.

He also said that for any society, it is important to have sense of security and sense of justice.

The actor did not shy away from blashing at the politicians, he said,"people who are our elected representatives, people who we select to look after us for five years, state or centre, when people took law into their hands, we look upon these people to take a strong stance, speed up the legal process, when we see that happening there is a sense of security, when we don't see that happening there is a sense of insecurity."

When asked weather he would endorsed the protest by the people, Aamir said he would as long as it is non-violent and they can protest in any manner that they feel is right as long as the are not taking the law in their hands.

My wife suggested me moving out of India: Aamir Khan on Intolerance My wife suggested me moving out of India: Aamir Khan on Intolerance Reviewed by Unknown on 13:21:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.