Novak Djokovic beats Rojer Federer to win ATP World Tour Title

Novak Djokovic ended a remarkable season with a win over Rojer Federer 6-3, 6-4 on Sunday to claim record fourth straight ATP World Tour Finals title.

Djokovic is the first player in the tournament's 48 years history to take home the trophy four years in a row and he joins Pete Sampras and Ivan Lendl on five victories in a season ending event.

Only Federer with six Tour Finals crowns has won the tournament more times.

Djokovic also made amends for defeat by Federer in the group stage on Tuesday.

"I am enjoying every moment on the court. I cherish every moment after dreaming of it as a kid," he said.

"I'm very proud, together with my team, for the achievements of the season. It could not have been a better finish. It's been a long season but the best of my life," Djokovic said.

Djokovic ends the year with 11 titles including three Grand Slams, taking his total of 10 majors.

Playing his 15th consecutive tour level final, Djokovic delivered another masterclass to record his 82nd victory from 88 matches this year.

"I tried my best. I thought I played some great tennis all the week and in the finals but Novak deserves a win today like so many times this year," said Federer.

In dispatching Federer with such an ease after an equally imperious semi-final over Nadal, Djokovic showed why he was able to move so far ahead from his rivals in a year with three Grand Slams.

Meanwhile, Federer's defeat meas Andy Murray is guaranteed to finish second in the year end worlds ranking for the first time.

Novak Djokovic beats Rojer Federer to win ATP World Tour Title Novak Djokovic beats Rojer Federer to win ATP World Tour Title Reviewed by Unknown on 14:16:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.