'My name is Smriti Irani. I challenge you to tell me my caste,' says HRD minister in Parliament


                                Image credits:India Today

New Delhi: HRD minister Smriti Irani came out all guns blazing in parliament aand led what many felt was a spirited attack against opposition in the Parliament - primarily over the issue of Rohit Vemula suicide and the issue in the recent row in JNU, on wednesday.

Here are the key highlights from her speech in Lok Sabha:

On Rohit Vemula's Suicide:

In his statement, Rohit Vemula said no one was responsible for his death.

. No attempt was made to take Rohit Vemula to hospital, his body was used as a political tool.

Have you ever seen Rahul Gandhi go to one spot twice? No, he saw a political opportunity here at Hyderabad University Campus.

. Our children''s are not vote bank.

. I am Smriti Irani. I challenge you to ask my caste. 

. I am being targeted because my department wrote the letter. 

On JNU row:

. Omar Khaled misled JNU administration. He said in an application form that he was organising a poetry competition.

. I have said it time and again that education should not be turned into a battleground.

. You don't wish to hear the answer. Your intentions were malicious (To congress leaders).

. I am not certifying your patriotism but do not demean mine.

. Many of the current VC's were appointed during the congress eegime. I challenge that even if one of them says I do saffronisation, I will leave politics. 

'My name is Smriti Irani. I challenge you to tell me my caste,' says HRD minister in Parliament 'My name is Smriti Irani. I challenge you to tell me my caste,' says HRD minister in Parliament Reviewed by Unknown on 07:49:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.