Russian Tennis start Maria Sharapova failed drugs test at Australian Open



                             



Russian Tennis star Maria Sharapova has revealed that she failed in a drug test at Australian Open 
due to the substance she has been taking from last 10 years for health issues
.
The former world number one has been found positive for mildronate substance that she was taking since 2006.

'I did failed in the test and take full responsibility of it,' said Sharapova.

"For last 10 years I have been give a medicine called meldonium by my family doctor and a few days ago after I received a letter from ITF, I also found that it has  another name malidonium, which I didn't know," she said.

Maldonium is an anti-ischemic drug that is meant to prevent heart attack, angina and heart faliure. Anti-ischemic drug prevents the deprivation of oxygen to heart , brain and other organs. WADA noted that the drug had potencial "cardiac effect."

Sharapova has been dealing with injuries for past few years of her career, there hasn't been any reporting of her battling with chronic heart condition.

On monday Sharapova revealed that she has magnesium deficiency and a history of diabetes and has been taking this medicine.

Sharapova's punishment hasn't been yet announced.

"I konw I face consequences and I didn't want to end my career this way. I hope I will be given a chance to play this game again," she said.
Russian Tennis start Maria Sharapova failed drugs test at Australian Open Russian Tennis start Maria Sharapova failed drugs test at Australian Open Reviewed by Unknown on 19:40:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.